Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Northern Ontario Timing Association Jacket & Calling Card





Thanks to Brian Phillips, here's a few pictures of our car club jacket from the 1960's. There was a yellow nylon one and only two known variations of the grey jacket. Brian still owns them all. They held a contest to design a front logo(the wheel/tire) and I had won the contest and actually won my jacket as the prize....I have no idea where mine went to......It probably got covered in grease using it to lie on under a car. I believe there was a group photo taken way back when but I don't have a copy of it. Maybe someone could let me know if there is one around. Brian was a past president of the NOTA. The first picture is our calling card. This is a picture of one I still have. You would hand one out if you helped someone with an automotive or any other problem. It was like a courtesy card. We were hot rodders but we were also gentlemen. The NOTA was instrumental in starting the ball rolling for Riverview Raceways(our new race track after the CLE track closed to car racing) back in 1967 and was very proud to be a member. Click on pics to enlarge.

No comments: