Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Joie Chitwood's Thrill Show promoting the '50 Ford then the '56 Chevrolet


Here's a poster showing Joie Chitwoods Daredevil show driving 1950 Fords and also a great promotional video link for the 1956 Chevrolet done with Joie Chitwood's Thrill Show. Various automotive manufacturers would use these thrill shows to promote their products. This is great stuff from my favourite era! BE SURE TO CLICK HERE TO SEE THE '56 CHEVY PROMO FILM....enjoy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au9I5hLD29Q&feature=channel_page

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i worked with chitwood 1n 59 and my son worked for them in1980s

Dave Cano said...

Do you have any photos from those years?...If you do please email me at dcan@tbaytel.net
Thanks for your comment...must have been quite an exciting time!! Dave

Rick said...

I seen the Joie Chitwood's Thrill Show at the Lewis County Fair in upstate New York back in the late 60's early 70's and to this day remember the show it was awsome.

Dave Cano said...

Thanks for the comment Rick!! I remember him coming to the Lakehead cities here when I was in my late teens. D.

Anonymous said...

I saw him in the early 70's at the Bedford, Pennsylvania Fairgrounds when I was a kid. Loved the show.

Bart